Family Day: Art at the Eustis Estate
Come to the Eustis Estate for a special day for families to explore the grounds and the outdoor sculpture exhibition, Looking Back with 2020 Vision, representing artist reactions to many of the issues that were on our minds in 2020: a global pandemic, calls for action around racial and social justice on an incredible scale, and environmental concerns. Art is a powerful way to process and heal. The day’s activities help families engage with the content and creatively express themselves.
• Create social justice-based art led by local artists
• Follow a Story Walk through the property
• Practice mindfulness with family yoga and meditation
• Engage with the landscape through nature-based activities
• Join in a teen writing workshop (sign up separately here)
• Bring a picnic and spend some time exploring the exhibition and the museum
Best for ages 5-12 years old. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Admission to the house is included, but most activities will be outdoors unless there is rain. Note: some of the artworks in the exhibition are of a sensitive nature.
Supported by a community grant from the Milton Junior Woman’s Club.
Please call 617-994-6600 for more information.
Family Day is free though donations are encouraged.