Quarry Museum Opening
Quarry Museum Opening November
The Quincy Quarry and Granite Workers Museum will open the Museum and Lyons Turning Mill on Saturday, November 5th and Sunday 6th from 11 to 3. The museum and turning mill opening will allow visitors a self-guided walking tour throughout both. On display around the turning mill will be pictures of when the mill was in operation, historical pictures of the granite industry along with interpretive information on the artifacts scattered around the mill. New to the mill artifacts include a stone shed compressor, winch, 5 foot saw blade, large sharping stone in its frame and line shafting that supplied power to the machinery in the mill. Museum members will be on hand to answer questions and Quarry Museum T-shirts will be on sale to help the museum move forward in 2023. This opening will be the last monthly scheduled opening of this year. Depending on weather conditions, the museum will be open when conditions allow through the month of December and the winter months of 2023. The Museum will continue to open on request for any individual or groups throughout the year. Check our web site quincyquarrymuseum.org for winter openings, special events or meetings or call the museum for special requests.
Museum contact information E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: 617-472-1322. Mailing address: Quincy Quarry Museum, P.O. Box 690724, Quincy, MA 02269.
Directions: From Curry’s Hardware, at the intersection of Copeland and Willard Streets, West Quincy, proceed under expressway on Willard Street, stay to right to stop sign, U.P.S. building will be on the other side of ramp. Proceed with caution across ramp onto Ricciuti Drive to end and take right on to Quarry Hills Drive. Turning Mill will be 100 yards on left.