Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Mt. Wollaston Cemetery

20 Sea Street, Quincy, MA 02169 | | Phone: 617-376-1295 | Website

One of America’s earliest garden cemeteries, the first two plots were ceremoniously purchased on May 5, 1856 by Charles Francis Adams, Sr. A two and one half mile long stone wall, erected for the perimeter in 1934-35 by the Works Progress Administration, is dedicated to the memory of Thomas Morton who in 1625 led the settlement here after the arrival of Captain Richard Wollaston. The variety of ornate gravestones and granite monuments beautify this outdoor museum honoring three Adams descendants whose lives were lost in service to our country, veterans, former Mayors and prominent granite industry leaders.